Jun 12, 2013
The lack of a real father in our homes continues to grow. The numbers are staggering.
• 43% of US children live without their father [US Department of Census]
• 90% of homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes. [US Bureau of the Census]
• 80% of rapists motivated with displaced anger come from fatherless homes.
• 71% of pregnant teenagers lack a father. [U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
• 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes. [US D.H.H.S., Bureau of the Census]
• 85% of children who exhibit behavioral disorders come from fatherless homes. [CDC]
• 90% of adolescent repeat arsonists live with only their mother.
• 71% of high school dropouts come from fatherless homes. [National Principals Association Report]
• 75% of adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes.
• 70% of juveniles in state operated institutions have no father. [US Department of Justice]
• 85% of youths in prisons grew up in a fatherless home.
• Fatherless boys and girls are: twice as likely to drop out of high school; twice as likely to end up in jail; four times more likely to need help for emotional or behavioral problems. [US D.H.H.S.]
Shocking? It shouldn’t be.
We know the importance of a father.
Why would we believe the absence of them would lead to anything good? It doesn’t.
I believe fathers have been minimized, marginalized, and even ridiculed.
Father’s and fatherhood are under attack!
On Sunday, let’s celebrate the real father’s in our lives.
Tell them what they mean to you.
Ask for their blessing.
Don’t let Father’s Day become just another day…
Make it the best one ever!